Monday, September 19, 2011

How long should I keep the battery out of my phone after i get it wet?

I dropped my phone in the in the tub today. I got the battery out right away, and began drying it using a vacum to suck the water out. It has been around 9 hours since and i haven't tried to put the battery back in. When should i try?How long should I keep the battery out of my phone after i get it wet?Keep the battery out for 2 days. Also try my tips below....



(2) If possible (preferably within 20-30 minutes). dissassemble the phone using Torx T6 screwdriver. (Get this off eBay or service depots, etc) Make an emergency trip to Sears/RadioShack/ACE/service depot/etc.

(3) Clean/dry as much as you can, using Q-Tips

(4) Dry the electronics components under a desk lamp on a paper towel for 24 hours.

(5) Use a blow dryer, set on warm. Blow dry the phone. Make sure your battery and sim card are out of the phone.

(6) Put your phone in rice for 24 hours w/ battery and sim out

(7) Reassemble the phone

(8) Put back together

(9) Only now it's safe to put the battery back in.



You can also leave the battery and sim out. Leave your phone out in the sun. Let it dry.How long should I keep the battery out of my phone after i get it wet?1 or 2 days, i did it in a few hor and bye bye phone

Answer mine

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?