Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I connect a JVC car stereo directly to a battery?

I just purchased a car stereo, and I would like to know how to connect it to my battery on my boat. I would like to install the stereo on my boat but im really not sure what to do. Thanks!How do I connect a JVC car stereo directly to a battery?Well you could connect the hot (red wire labled %26quot;ACC%26quot;) to the positive side of the battery. The ground wire goes to the negative side of the battery. I would recomend that you add a fuse in line with the red wire. This fuse is to protect the wiring not the radio, most radios have fuses in them. Also if you want the radio to remember the time and any settings that you put in there you will have to connect the yellow or orange wire (will be labled %26quot;clock%26quot; or %26quot;Memory%26quot;) to the positive side of the battery also.