Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I loosen a frozen side mount battery screw?

OK, I decided to change the battery in my Stingray - thanks. Problem now is I can't budge the positive bolt from the bad battery. I have tried several different wrenches, but nada. The negative one came off easily. What do I do?How do I loosen a frozen side mount battery screw?ice grips and some pb blaster. otherwise new cable and battery.How do I loosen a frozen side mount battery screw?lubrication i would recomend liquid wrench and if their is any kind of corosion on the post i would get bakingsoda and mix it with vinegar then put it on the terminal and scrub it off 1stHow do I loosen a frozen side mount battery screw?vice gripsHow do I loosen a frozen side mount battery screw?try oil like wd40 and give it a wack if all else fails cut it off its soft lead you can cut thur it faily easy with about any thing and you can even cut the wire to get the battery outHow do I loosen a frozen side mount battery screw?use a pair of vice grips to loosen it and worst comes to worst cut the cable off and then you will have to buy a new battery end for it and install it.How do I loosen a frozen side mount battery screw?Another excellent idea from the moronic engineers at GM.



Vice grips is my suggestion as above. Go in the tighten direction just a tiny bit, then loosen.