Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I add a second redundant battery to my Mastercraft boat?

If I accidently run the battery down with the boat heater or stereo while the motor isn't running, I'd like to have a second battery to start the motor.How do I add a second redundant battery to my Mastercraft boat?You know i was going to put a second battery and a dual battery switch on my boat.

However i use a jump start box also it works great and you can get one from walmart for 35.00.

The other choice will run about 200.00 plus labor.

Just my 2 centsHow do I add a second redundant battery to my Mastercraft boat?NO to jumpboxes, if they are used incorrectly they can be dangerous and even deadly. Get it installed by a professional is your best bet.How do I add a second redundant battery to my Mastercraft boat?mount the battery solidly, then attach the cables to like marked terminals + to the + and - to the - then install an on/off switch (jeggs or summit racing parts) inline between the two bateriesHow do I add a second redundant battery to my Mastercraft boat?the cheapest and easiest way is to just get one of those battery jump start packs, and bring it out with you when you go out on the boat. otherwise you have to get a battery isolator.