Monday, September 19, 2011

My car battery is dead, how long should i let my car run to charge the battery?

My car has been off the road for quite some time. It runs great, but the battery died, i jumped started it, let it run about 10-15 minutes, the inspection is up so i cant run the car on the road, but i did drive it around my parking lot for a few minutes. I shut it off, i started it right back up, shut it off again, and then tried to restart it a second time, but it did not restart, so i have it running now, how long should i let it run to charge the battery fully. I am getting it inspected tomorrow, and i do not want to get stranded at VIP, because it wont start. Thanks!My car battery is dead, how long should i let my car run to charge the battery?Well, your battery will charge itself if you let it run for about 10 minutes... this usually does the trick...



and if it still dies after this... it is a bad battery...

some batteries just cant hold a charge...



but the only alternate idea i can think of is to take it to auto zone or o'reily's and see if they will charge it for you...

and if it still dies after that, then buy a new battery... i had to do the same...My car battery is dead, how long should i let my car run to charge the battery?shut off your engine, and put a battery charger on it over night.

batterys last about 5 yearsMy car battery is dead, how long should i let my car run to charge the battery?you need a battery charger to properly charge a battery. the charging system on a car is meant to keep a battery charged not to charge one up.lMy car battery is dead, how long should i let my car run to charge the battery?you should take the battery out of the car and have it charged up with a charger to be on the safe side but if you let it run for about an hour you should be ok.My car battery is dead, how long should i let my car run to charge the battery?Jessica i would guess a new battery is in order...if you suspect the car won't pass inspection just buy a known good used replacement battery to get aroundMy car battery is dead, how long should i let my car run to charge the battery?if the battery is ok and everything working, run it for 40 minuites at 2k rpm or a very fast idle. First take the battery cables off and clean them with a wire brush, don't touch anything and wash good with soap after.



It will take all night at a idle :)My car battery is dead, how long should i let my car run to charge the battery?If the battery is still OK, 5-10 minutes will be enough. If after 15 minutes the battery doesn't take charge, most likely it's lost its capacity, meaning you are going to have to replace it.

This often happens when the car is left off the road for long time.My car battery is dead, how long should i let my car run to charge the battery?My battery dies when I forget to turn off the parking lights for a couple of hours. Jump-started, I drive out the road for a couple of miles at a steady 40 mph (country road, can't drive more than 30 in town), turn around and home again, round trip 4 or 5 miles. That always works fine for me.My car battery is dead, how long should i let my car run to charge the battery?Yes you can charge a battery in the car.



If the battery was left sitting in even a partially discharged state for very long, however, the plates will be coated with sulphate and it's a goner. Lead-acid batteries are happiest when kept fully charged at all times.



The reason the car started the first time but not the second is that the battery's capacity is very limited, most likely due to the long period of inactivity. If 10-15 minutes of running didn't put enough charge into it to start twice in a row, the battery needs to be replaced.My car battery is dead, how long should i let my car run to charge the battery?A car will not be able to fully charge a battery. If a battery is completely flat charge it for at least 12 hours with a good charger.

It is not a good thing for a battery to become too discharge for a long time and there is a good change that your battery is damaged.

TMy car battery is dead, how long should i let my car run to charge the battery?10-15 minutes is long to charge it enough for next start. if the battery keeps dying take it to a shop for a %26quot;load test%26quot;. This basically test how strong ur batteries are. Chances are that u'll need a new one.

If batteries are good, do a visual inspection for loose cables, corrosion, and also ask the shop to test your alternator.My car battery is dead, how long should i let my car run to charge the battery?YOU CAN LET IT RUN FOREVER AND IT WILL NEVER PROPERLY CHARGE UP THE BATTERY.



IF IT WAS SLOWLY DISCHARGED USE A BATTERY CHARGER AND SLOW CHARGE IT BACK.



THIS COULD TAKE BETWEEN 36 AND 72 HOURS.