Friday, June 3, 2011

What kind of battery does a riding lawnmower use?

My neighbor offered for me to use his Snapper riding lawn mower since I don't have a gardner yet. He said it's in great shape, but needs a new battery probably. Where do I find a battery for this, and how much do they usually run?What kind of battery does a riding lawnmower use?The sure way is to take the old battery out of the machine, take it with you to the auto parts store, hardware store, lawn mower repair, Home Depot, Lowes etc.



$19.00 to 25.00 will usually purchase a new batter for a lawn mower. Garden Tractors may take an auto battery, which are more expensive.What kind of battery does a riding lawnmower use?It uses a 12 volt lawn mower battery. Go to Sears and pick one up. They run between $25.00 to $50.00. I bought one at Sears for around $30.00 4 years ago.