Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I wire an auxiliary battery in my horse trailer?

I have a horse trailer that needs auxiliary power run to it from my truck - and/or an auxiliary battery on the trailer. I am unsure of the wiring that needs to be done. I plan on running a wire from my truck battery back to the 7-pin connector which should provide auxiliary power while connected to my truck. I understand I need to install a battery on the horse trailer to supply power when disconnected from the truck.

Can you provide me some insight on how this all comes together?

Thanks in advance... !How do I wire an auxiliary battery in my horse trailer?run a hot wire to the 7 pin aux wire...connect that to the pos side of the aux battery.find the groung wire on the 7 pin connector..run a wire from it to the neg side of aux battery and also one wire from the neg side to the frame of the trailer. remember if you use the battery too long without the truck hooked up and running you will destroy the aux battery