Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I improve the health of my battery in my MacBook, and is this a good health?

I downloaded the iStat Pro widget today, and I looked at the battery health section. It read that my battery health is at 97% after 230 cycles. I've had it since June '08, so I was wondering if that was a good battery health considering its age and cycles.



What else can I do to improve my battery health, or keep it at a good percent, over the years? Any suggestions?How do I improve the health of my battery in my MacBook, and is this a good health?Don't use computer with the charger plugged in unless it needs to be charged. Doing so will kill the battery in short order. Batteries are designed to be discharged and charged. Many say batteries have no memory which I dispute. Read several pages here and you'll find that most of the battery problems are from leaving the charger plugged in.How do I improve the health of my battery in my MacBook, and is this a good health?BSGHost1 is completely wrong: while what he said WAS true, that's not the case with current Mac batteries. In fact, to save your battery and make it last longer, you should ALWAYS use it plugged into the wall when you can: only run off the battery if you absolutely have to. I got that info from a close friend who works for Apple in the repair division.



97% and 230 cycles is right where you should be. Chances are you are going to run into an obsolete hardware problem before you wear out the battery!