Friday, June 3, 2011

I have a dead battery in the trunk of a jaguar and can't get to it. How do I jump start this car?

I got a Jaguar with a dead battery. The battery is in the trunk and I can't get into the trunk with no power. How do I jump start this car. Even my friend who is experienced with cars can't figure out where to jump this car. He can't find postive terminal under the hood. Any ideas?I have a dead battery in the trunk of a jaguar and can't get to it. How do I jump start this car?Wire a cigarette lighter plug to a 12 volt battery and plug it in to your car to power it up enough to get the trunk open. If your cigarette lighter is no good then you will have to hard wire the 12 v source to the 'batt' pin on your fuse block and ground it to the body on the other post of your donor source then open the trunk!I have a dead battery in the trunk of a jaguar and can't get to it. How do I jump start this car?You can open a Jaguar trunk with a key by inserting the key into the hole inside the %26quot;A%26quot; or %26quot;G%26quot; in the Jaguar logo at the rear of your car. I had to call the dealer the first time it happened to me. Neither I nor the tow truck driver knew how and the manuals in an XK8 are in the trunk!

Report Abuse

I have a dead battery in the trunk of a jaguar and can't get to it. How do I jump start this car?If there is no manual release for the trunk the try to get at the battery through the back seat. If not then there should be battery taps located somewhere under the hood, look for where the wires from the battery come through the firewall.I have a dead battery in the trunk of a jaguar and can't get to it. How do I jump start this car?You don't have a key to the trunk?



If not you will probably have to have a locksmith open the trunk for you.I have a dead battery in the trunk of a jaguar and can't get to it. How do I jump start this car?#1-use the key to open the trunk

#2-call your nearest jag dealer, ask for the service department, and find out where the jump-start connection is under your hood-not enough info in your question (year/model) for me (or anyone else) to tell you.-you could try under the hood, about 6-12 inches in front of the firewall, by the power junction box- should be covered by a plastic cap, and have something like %26quot;bat. boost%26quot; or %26quot;jump start connection%26quot; printed on it.another place might be about 8 inches behind the driver's headlight

#3 ask another jag ownerI have a dead battery in the trunk of a jaguar and can't get to it. How do I jump start this car?Will a key not open the trunk?? You should find a pos connecto under the hood, you just have to look. If all else fails call a dealer and ask them.I have a dead battery in the trunk of a jaguar and can't get to it. How do I jump start this car?Well you can see the alternator can't you? Put hot cable on output terminal of of alternator, and ground anywhere on car! Turn on ignigtin key and now your whole car is powered up! How old is car,- some of older ones had positive ground- which they called %26quot;positive earth%26quot; (instead of negative like all the American cars)! Make sure it hooked up the right way of course!





You also can charge the battery (with key off)-- by just letting the other car run for a while connected up, -- if battery is good, it will slowly charge up, -- after you open the trunk with electric opener, you can then put on boosters directly to battery and crank! *****(Wire from alterntor to battery is too small for %26quot;jump starting directly%26quot;!)



Do not try to start car with dead battery by cranking right away (unless you have the $100 jumper cables that they use on %26quot;big trucks%26quot;)- the insulation on your wires is %26quot;fat%26quot; but the wires inside are %26quot;thin%26quot;, - and can not carry the amount of current required to crank the engine, so the wires will smoke, and clamps will get hot (possibly burn your hands), - or burn wires in two! Let alternator transfer charge (from other vehicle for 15 minutes)-- or so to %26quot;pick up the dead one%26quot; a little, then it can %26quot;help%26quot; boosters provide enough current to crank! Also alternator on Jag will not charge till a ceritan amount of electricity is in battery to %26quot;excite the alternator to make it %26quot;generate%26quot;!! If to low, altenator doesn't charge, and vehicle runs as far as it can on what was put in battery and dies! Another reason why you should leave cables on for a while!I have a dead battery in the trunk of a jaguar and can't get to it. How do I jump start this car?Hook the jumper cables up to the large battery cable post at the starter and a good ground and start the car.I have a dead battery in the trunk of a jaguar and can't get to it. How do I jump start this car?My jag is in the garage so I can't take a look right now but I believe that you can use your key to open the trunk and from there jump via the positive and negative terminals.
  • hair pictures
  • what can i do
  •