Friday, June 3, 2011

How often should I change the battery fluid?

The battery in my car has gone dead. I talked to some coworkers and they asked if I had ever changed the battery fluid. I am kinda new to taking care of my own car. I don't know how often or even how to go about this. I can't find the drain plug they talked about and I don't see and battery fluid on the shelf at the store so I don't know ehre to get it. Any help would be appriciated.How often should I change the battery fluid?Hi. You don't change it!! On your scooter, you can, especially if it were sitting all winter, but your supposed to bring the battery inside for the winter so it doesn't prematurely fail. It is safer and easier to buy an at least 650Cold Cranking Amp battery for your car as this battery will stay strong all winter. Don't change your battery fluid because it is not worth possibly burning your skin if you spill any acid. Great question though. If your car battery fluid is low, you can top it off with water, but again it is really not worth it. Bring it to ant auto parts store for a free test.How often should I change the battery fluid?Time for a little payback. Tell them you called Die Hard, and they told you the fluid didn't need changed, but %26quot;boosted%26quot; Tell them you added some baking soda and now it's fine. In the mean time, buy a new battery. The baking soda neutralizes the acid in the battery and it won't work anymore. Oh, buy a booster pack too, and then you'll be a hero when you boost them so they can go buy a new battery!How often should I change the battery fluid?never battery are sealed units replace the battery the acid in the battery can burns if you get it on you.How often should I change the battery fluid?NEVER!!!!!! Buy a new battery!How often should I change the battery fluid?You generally DON'T replace your battery %26quot;fluid%26quot; (It's actually a fairly strong Sulfuric Acid, and will cause sever chemical burns upon contact with skin, clothes, etc..) When you battery is dead, you either jump it and see if it takes a charge from running...if it doesn't then you should have your alternator checked to see if it's charging the battery, if it is then you need to replace the battery itself (most modern batteries are sealed and require NO maintenance)



Edit: Whatever you do DO NOT listen to this idiot above me who suggest drilling a hole in the battery...MORON!!!How often should I change the battery fluid?Your coworkers are %26quot;pushing your leg%26quot; Battery fluid doesn't get %26quot;replaced%26quot; you can ADD distilled water to restore the electrolyte ( although most new batts are %26quot;sealed%26quot; ). If the batt is dead, you might be able to recharge it, but you may have to buy a new oneHow often should I change the battery fluid?how old is your battery, i suggest just buy a new one, it runs about $50 buck at local auto storeHow often should I change the battery fluid?You have been had! Just buy a new battery and be done with it. But when you do, tell them %26quot;thanks for their help and say it was tough going because the Finnegan pin under the Johnson bar was in the way and you needed to remove the Gunutz locker to find that pesky drain plug. After that it was a piece of cake.%26quot; Then walk away.How often should I change the battery fluid?Buy a new one is the only answer for your situation. Dead batteries are just that dead.

PLEASE DONT TRY AND PLAY WITH THE FLUID - LIKE THE MAN SAID IT IS ACID.How often should I change the battery fluid?Dude you've been badly pranked. Older batteries required water, but now days you can't add to it. If your having battery troubles, buy a new one. You can get one cheaper if you trade in your old one.

As for your co-workers, I'd take them some chocolate brownies, (made with ex-lax of course) !!!