Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Is removing the battery from a MacBook and using the wall charger a good idea?

I use my MacBook indoors and I want to use it without worrying about battery life. Should I take out the battery and just use the wall charger? Some say plugging the laptop in WITH the battery is harmful, some say fully exhausting/fully recharging is harmful -- theres no consensus! I would like to email apple support but havent found an address. I dont know how else to say it but I need the CORRECT answer, everyone disagrees! Thanks!Is removing the battery from a MacBook and using the wall charger a good idea?Go to Apple.com and click on support.

Personal experience says to keep it plugged in any time you can. The Li-on battery will eventually wear out if charged and discharged too many times over time.Is removing the battery from a MacBook and using the wall charger a good idea?no the li ion bat will not wear out if its discharged too many times. download the istat widget. it will tell u the battery health. i have had my battery for almost 2 years and its still at 100% health. i discharge fully then charge everytime.

Report Abuse