Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Can I change where the stuff is displayed on the screen?

My computer screen recently broke and about half of it is unable to see. I use Windows 7 if that information will help. All I want to do is make it so I can squish down the screen to the visible half, instead of having a full screen with stuff that I can't see. I can't see how much battery life I have left or anything. Help?Can I change where the stuff is displayed on the screen?Hi

Changing the screen settings would be difficult, and i dont think it would work very well.



But maybe you could try to increase the size of your taskbar to cover the damaged area - as follows:

First unlock your taskbar : right-click the taskbar, un-check 'lock the taskbar'.

Next, move it if necessary : (the taskbar can sit at the top, or either side of your screen) so just move your mouse to a blank area of the taskbar and drag it up to the side of your screen.

Finally, resize it : move your mouse to the edge of the taskbar (it changes to a double arrow), then drag it and increase your taskbar until you have covered the damaged area.



Once this is done, basically you are left with a much smaller screen, since the taskbar is covering much of it, but it should be manageable.



I cant 'see' your problem, so i dont know for sure if this will help, but hopefully it will.